Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Customary Sniff

I just completed the customary sniff. You-know-the-one-where you hold a wash cloth that could contain an unpleasant odor, between your forefinger and thumb, with the remaining three fingers fanned away as to not acquire the possible stench. You exhale, but only slightly, because the likelihood of inhaling an unwanted odor. You draw the suspected stench laden washcloth up to your nose, and sniff briefly, pulling the washcloth away immediately. Then wait for the overwhelming indication that the washcloth needed to be laundered, yesterday. Luckily for me, this ONE time, I actually avoided the toe curling nastiness that normally accompanies the customary sniff. So I ask, is there anyone else, out there, who chooses to stimulate their nose hair by performing this task?

1 comment:

joolee said...

i don't have to touch it to smell it.......the stank usually permeates the entire kitchen. And I also try not to touch it directly when throwing it down the basement to be laundered.....instead I wrap it in a dishtowel.