Thursday, September 18, 2008

I can't wait for this to happen

And my list of favorites...

I am still waiting for my life to become significantly more interesting, but in the meantime, Jordan likes kindergarten. Notice I said "likes." On several occasions, she's asked why they are only learning letters. I wish I had the stamina to home school her, but I know I’d go mad trying to entertain her all day. Andi and I are stumbling through preschool at home. Time management still remains the biggest obstacle. It's hard to do preschool in the morning when Dillon is awake. And Andi still needs a nap on a regular basis, which makes afternoons difficult. But we have done at least one lesson every day that Jordan has been in school (which is practical, but still below my expectations). Dillon is perfecting the role of a being a toddler. I keep trying to get a picture of her peeking over the counter, desk, around the couch, etc., but it's a hard moment to capture.

Our outside "honey-do" list is rapidly reaching an end. And if we could keep everything on the inside from breaking down, we may actually have a "nothing-to-do-winter", effectively attaining couch potato status, which I would embrace more passionately if the Vikings could win. Another heartbreaking season could send me straight into a chocolate-induced coma, making entering and running the Grandma's Marathon impractical (not that it's practical now, but I am still going to do it). The season kickoff to my favorite shows will make cuddling on the couch in front of the tube a welcomed break to managing every moment of my day. And my favorites are (only achievable due to DVR - thank you, Dish Network):

Vikings Football (Of course, I couldn't allow Josh to sit mindlessly for three hours all by himself.)

Amazing Race (Thanks to my sister-in-law.)

Survivor (Josh and I watch this one together.)

Jon & Kate plus Eight (Can you imagine six kids the same age?)

TLC's What not to wear (There is something to be said about dressing for success in any situation.)

4 comments:

joolee said...

WHAT!?? No Office???? I would absolutely DIE without my DVR!

Billi Jo said...

I catch The Office when I can but it is not a mandatory record.

Annette said...

OMGosh! We will be watching TV at almost the same times, except you don't have Grey's Anatomy on the list! That's a must in our house. And no Vikings Football here, but plenty of others! I so need to get up on the times and get a DVR. But Todd says we need a new tv for that. :( I guess I shouldn't be surprised we have the same TV viewing choices as we are BBF due to our movie faves! I love that by the way! :)

Heather of the EO said...

Can you believe we still TAPE things over here???
I love the Amazing Race.
And NO, I cannot imagine having six kids the same age...it's amazing to watch.