Monday, September 1, 2008

What just happened?

To blog or not to blog, that is the question. I was just asking myself if I have what it takes to provide a blog. According to Wikipedia, a blog (a contraction of the term "Web log") is a web site usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

What I learned after reading this brief description is that 'blog' is a contraction of the term Web log. But still I wondered, should I do it?

Can I …

… "maintain a web site?" Ha. Ha. And triple Ha. I can barely keep up with the updates in Facebook (I keep referring back to old facebook) let alone actually maintain a web site.
..provide "regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events or other material such as graphics or video." If by starting a blog, my life will become significantly more interesting, as to be able to provide regular entries and descriptions of events or other material, than I think it is a must do.
…"provide graphics and videos." Don't hold your breath.


Well, so far starting a blog sounds and feel manageable, but also seems one-sided. Where is that give and take? Not to be selfish, but I want to gain something for my time and effort.

I will gain…

…balance to my scrapbooking, creating a space to express myself for the moments not captured on film.
…a way to provide updates to my friends and family (and feature bloggers and blog readers).
…criticism. But that is nothing new.
…a venue for sharing my ever expanding knowledge and wisdom.
OK already, enough with the babbling. Here's my point!

I created a blog. That's what just happened.

Welcome to Billi's Babblings where I hope you'll enjoy the babblings of a blissfully flawed perfectionist.


Future babbling will include, but won't be limited to …

The purposes versus practical uses for the items in my house.
Why I Y my mom.
Donating my hair. Again.
Joradnisms
Justifications that rule my life.

3 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

Hey, I caught you following me! Good to have you on board!

Rachel said...

Billi!
Yay, you're blogging! Thanks for the definition of "blog" I didn't know until I read yours. And a great benefit to blogging - is regaining contact with old friends! I look forward to hearing about your life and your kids!

joolee said...

I love that criticism is listed in your To Gain section:) Can't wait to hear about you life!