Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When love happens

Why I Y my mom

Recently, I took credit for rolling with the punches. Please know that is due in part to a wonderful example: my mom.

I don't know if I will find the right words or even give justice to what my mom means to me, but this is my attempt.

There is a song by Sarah Groves called Generations. Part of the chorus talks about how future generations will reap what I sow, that I can pass on a curse or a blessing to those I will never know. This is so true of my mom. When faced with hard times she didn't mumble or complain but instead chose to plow ahead, focused on the next generation, and knowing her life would impact those who came after her. She created an example that would benefit them, one that impacts me and will impact my children, and will in turn impact their children. Her example created a cycle of blessings that began from one person and will continue to affect those who come behind. I am eternally grateful that my mom provided this example, instead of leaving me to try to find it on my own. I don't know for sure if I would have been as blissful in my flawed state if she hadn't so faithfully provided the example.

All this to say that, because of my flawedness, I desperately want to follow in my mother's footsteps and continue to pass on a blessing to my children and to those I may never know.

Thanks mom. I Y you!


No, I didn't take the time to download the song to my blog and increase your reading enjoyment, but hear is a link to hear a sample http://www.saragroves.com/store/conversations/lyrics/generations/

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I've always thought your mom to be an amazing person, always smiling, friendly, and caring. After experiencing single parenthood, I have even more respect for your mom as she did it on her own, with the Lord's help!
Blessings to you Ruby!

Heather of the EO said...

What a sweet post! I LOVE that song since I love Sara Groves the very most of anyone ever! ;)
So nice to meet you, thanks for joining in on the giveaway fun.

The Three 22nds said...

My boys LOVE Teacher Ruby.

Annette said...

Awww, what a sweet dedication to your mom. That's a great song. I also feel the same about my mom! Funny, huh?

BTW, I have to ask, how'd you come across and begin following my blog? Just curious where my 'fans' (LOL) come from! :)