Monday, February 2, 2009

How much time could a mom use, if a mom had all the time to use it?

I do not fit into the stereotype of woman that enjoys a two-hour bath. I even regard showering as a mere necessity for practicing proper hygiene. It is on a very rare occasion that I will take a "long" shower. On one such occasion, prior to jumping into the shower, I selected a pound of meat to thaw in the microwave at 10% power for 30 minutes. I grabbed the baby, a few toys and headed into the bathroom, turned on the shower to warm while I selected clothing to put on afterward. I got into the shower and literally took as much time as I wanted to wash, rinse, condition, and rinse my hair; I even scrubbed with some of that fancy sea salt oil. Seriously I stood in the shower for a decade. I even decided to shave my legs. All smooth and clean I got out, smothered myself in smelly lotion, got dressed, read a board book to the baby, and slathered in some hair product. Then I walked into the kitchen only to hear the microwave still working away at the pound of meat. There was seven minutes left.

1 comment:

The Three 22nds said...

ha! That is me too. I am not a long shower taker, even if I have the time. And I haven't taken a bath in years. Funny.