Sunday, October 12, 2008

A to Z and how we got there

Did I mention before that I cannot do nothing? Oh, and that I am super competitive? Well, here is a perfect example of both. You know the game where one person begins with the letter A and adds an item to a list with that particular letter? People go back and forth or around and around, adding items for each subsequent letter, until they've reached the end of the alphabet. Well, my part-time job has become fairly routine, meaning I feel as though I am doing nothing, so my co-worker and I recently played this game with an added twist: we had to have two words for each letter. I do have to admit that, in my super competitive state, I was slightly dejected that my co-worker was not interested in completing the game. Gasp! Not finish the game? But we started it, how can we not finish it?! Reluctantly, I agreed to add W,X,Y, and Z as one final letter, a disappointing compromise, but at least I got to finish the game.

Here is our list….

We are going on a picnic and we are taking a...

Zealous zoologist and
Yodeling Yolanda who
X-ray xylophones and
Wipe watermelons while they
Vex vampires and
Unexpectedly urinate. Then
Trim their toenails and
Slowly Salsa with
Red rhinoceroses who
Quietly quilt and
Pay people who are
Overly optimistic and
Nod naughtily. After they
Move mountains they
Lay lazily. Then
Knife kites and
Juggle jacks and
Ice igloos while they
Hinder Hippos that
Guard Gorillas who
Find Flowers and
Eat eggplants then
Dip doughnuts and
Cut cucumbers and
Bake banana bread and
Add almonds.

It's great fun.

Give it a try.

1 comment:

Annette said...

LOL, everytime I read your blog, I realize how much more we are alike! :) I, too, would've gone nuts if the game was left unfinished! Way to compromise for the sake of your sanity! That was a great story! :)