Monday, June 29, 2009

Grandmas Marathon

I did it! I did it in less than five hours! I will loose five toenails! And, yes, I would do it all over again.

Have I ever mentioned that I have Claustrophobic Tendencies and that in tight places I go slightly CRAZY? The mass created by 5000+ people was quite overwhelming, and I couldn’t tell you how many times throughout the race I had to talk myself out of a panic attack, whether fighting over the few slivers of shade along the side of the road or grabbing lukewarm cups of water from moving targets. Feeling the need to throw a few elbows and the unseasonably HOT weather made me extra grateful that I was simple able to complete the race in just less than five hours.

I am still on a high and can’t quit comprehend that I actually completed a Marathon. But my infected and brutally sore big toes continually remind me that they were pushed to limit.

Everybody’s favorite question is “Would you do it again?” The answer is, yes! Especially if it means my sister would join me.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Wow! Congrats! I can not imagine running for 5 hours! You go girl!! :)

Jenn said...

That's amazing!! We did the relay (just under 10K) and that was enough for me!!

Love ya!
~Jenn